Our 2023 COVID Policy
At the time of writing it we do not know what the situation will be regarding Covid. However the committee has decided that to keep everyone including those who are or live with someone vulnerable safe we will continue with safeguards in place.
We are putting in place the following guidelines. There are limits on what we can do. The hotel will have its way of operating and we will do everything reasonably practicable in the function spaces we control.
Please take these steps in the spirit they were intended and cooperate with us. Thanks.
What we are doing with the hotel:
- The Committee is working with the hotel to ensure good spacing in the programme room to allow for some social distancing.
- There will be a separate entrance and exit in dealers and art show.
- All programme rooms apart from main programme have windows that can be opened for air flow.
- Main programme room has high ceilings and fire escape doors that we can open for air flow.
What we need from you:
- We ask that all members are fully vaccinated where possible.
- We ask all members to take a lateral flow test prior to attending convention.
- Masks will be required while moving around the hotel but not whilst sitting in bar areas. There will be a number of masks on the desk if you forget to bring one.
- Please note that face visors are not accepted as a substitute for masks because they offer insufficient protection against virus transmission.
- Masks will be required in the main programme unless you are on the panel.
- Moderators will remind people to mask during programme items
- Please do not host or attend room parties.
- If you develop symptoms during the convention please self-isolate as far as possible and stay away from public convention areas for the sake of other members and hotel staff and guests.
- PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID OR ANY OTHER INFECTIOUS DISEASE.
- Please note: that the hotel bar is open to the public
We are looking forward to seeing you all in November.
The Novacon committee.